Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Arttttttttt

This is the finished product of decorating my collage book. I make collages out of cut up magazines all the time and put them in this book. This is my third collage book that I have had since I started making collages and I will display some later. For this I hot glued many different items on the front of the book then used modge podge, which is like a glue that drys clear, to set the items more securely where their supposed to go. All the items that I used for this project were around my house or in my room and some mean more significance than others.


This is one of the zoomed in shots of the piece and you can see some of the items that I used. One of my favorites in the button from the Met in New York because I love going to museums. I also have a little figurine of Hello Kitty because I've had an obsession with her since I was little. Their is also a VW bug, which is my favorite car. The painted rock was something I made when I was a little.


In this picture you can see the butterfly patch that my mom gave to me when I was about 6 or 7 and once had on a pair of jeans. Their are also a variety of buttons that I have picked up and found over the years and always wanted to put in some kind of artwork.


This final picture you can see the butterfly that came off a necklace that I used to wear all the time. Their is also an S that was on a necklace and the first letter of my name so I thought it would be a good edition. Finally their is the penny, which has a lot of significance for me now because I have done a couple projects with pennies.



This is another piece of art that I have made. It's a sea glass mobile that I made for one of my classes at Towson University. I collected many pieces of sea glass from the Loch Raven Reservoir for the project and some of them turned out to be green, with only a few brown or blue. I used a large piece of glass at the top and a neck of a bottle right under the circular piece. All the rest of the pieces are connected by wire on the bottom of it. It was supposed to be a "broken-up bottle" to represent time and space, but many people think it looks like a jelly fish. I like the jelly fish idea better.


This is yet another one of my pieces of artwork. This is an oil painting of a still life that I did in my painting 101 class last semester at Towson. It was my first painting class and I was just trying to understand how to make a good painting and the different techniques that you can use. This painting had thicker paint than the ones I did before it and was one of my favorite ones that I did that semester because of the colors and design.

No comments:

Post a Comment